peek

Explore...

Creativelush, share thoughts, take a look, reflect. Enjoy

Two of my favorite new things-




So just a couple little things that I am loving at the start of this cold chilly season. A couple of reasons to relax, stay inside,be all cozy and chill in my apartment in Chicago...

1. Learning how to, yup... knit!!! I am so excited about learning this new little craft (well, I can already tell by just by the beginning of this, that it can be huge). My good buddy Danielle and I spent a Sunday night this past week watching movies and making pretty stuff for barely any moola$$! Being crafty. She worked on these fabulous feather hair accessories that would make Anthropology jealous. Wish I had pics to post. And she also patiently taught me how to knit!!! It's so cool. So relaxing. And you can do other stuff like talk up a storm and watch movies while making your fabulous little design. I am currently working on a rich berry/purple squishy long scarf. We will see what happens! I am already over a foot and a half in. Totally fun.

2. The TV series "Mad Men". Holy cow... My hubby and I are soooo addicted it's not even funny. This is a fabulous, fabulous show. The writing, the story, the acting, the clothes, everything. Reminds me how happy I am that I am living now, and didn't grow live in the 50's, don't think being a professional graphic designer would have flown so much. Apparently, women in the biz were pretty scarce during that time. But anyway, love this show. The hubby and I have been watching the blu rays non stop. We stayed up til 3:00 am the other night because we just had to watch one more... Yup, it's a good one. Good thing to watch on a cold night.

Anyway, that's my little rant about a couple of fun things that I'm totally digging right now. Check ya laters. Gotta go watch "Mad Men" ; )

1 comments:

georgia b. said...

Ahhhhh! i have been wanting to learn to knit for eons! i have asked my mother to teach me as long as i can remember.

you go! that is awesome. you can make some really nice things by knitting—(clearing throat twice) like a scarf for me???

:)

you will have to post a picture of your first creation!

(ps. thanks for the encouraging comment about my cards—coming from a designer such as yourself, that is a big compliment!)

Post a Comment

Sing it loud-

Sing it loud-
Whatever you say, say it with passion...

If Ya write, It makes my heart happy

If Ya write, It makes my heart happy
WRITE RIGHT

fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. only one thing endures and that is character. –H. Greeley

What lies behind us. and what lies before us are small matters... compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

whatever you are, be a good one. –A Lincoln


*!*

*!*

*%*

*%*

*&*

*&*