peek

Explore...

Creativelush, share thoughts, take a look, reflect. Enjoy

go away snow-

Ok, so I know...
I am grumbling.
But come one SNOW???? Snow, you are not my friend right now.






Ugh. Man... tired of this. Want to bask in the HOT sun right this minute. Have lived in the city for a long time now, have lived in the Chicago land area most of my life. And I know, I know... I choose to live here. This weather is nothing new- I am just venting.

But... seriously.... I am SO tired of this fluffy white stuff that seems to be invading so much of our lives.

• Tired of driving to work, even leaving much earlier and it being a shot in the dark as to what time I will really arrive.

• Tired of being wet when I finally climb in the car.

• Tired of scraping the car off everyday and most likely getting stuck again the next.

• Tired of side streets, no room to park at all because there is mounds of this frozen whiteness everywhere. People, placing shovels, chairs, (yes, even little tables) in their “spot” on road.

• I know... once again, I chose to live here...

• Shoveling, digging, defrosting, scraping.

• Yucky slush and grey snow. Cars that drive into this mess, and yuck, splash you.

• So done with potholes, battery problems, and expensive car issues.

• Having to cancel plans with friends or loved one because it it’s oop! Snowing, again, yeah...

• Slipping on ice. Watching out for scary drivers who seem to actually drive 90 miles per hour on 90. SLOW down crazies.

• Being SOO cold when I wake up in the morning.

• That day... that yucky, horrible day... it took me 4 1/2 hours to get home. When it should have taken 45 minutes.

• Not being able to do one of my favorite things, go for a nice refreshing run outside + listen to my ipod.

• Not being able to wear very cute shoes out, just banging up my salty wet black cowboy boots right now.




But- I know... I’m being Debbie-downer right now-
So, I guess a better thing is to try to list or rack my brain about some of the nice little stuff that comes with winter- (hmmmm.......... thinking, thinking)

• Being cozy inside. Just having a nice cozy-movie, indoors, and fun time at home. And who really does not like just relaxing at home.

• Cute scarves! & Cute chunky sweaters!

• You have no choice, but to slow down a bit. So I guess that this is really a good thing.

• The actual “look” of snow falling, it can be pretty I guess. & watching kids happily sledding and making snowmen. I remember being elated as if I had won the lottery when I was a kid and my brother and I could go outside and build “forts”.

• Warm drinks, like yummy teas and mulled wine.

• That chance to catch up on all those tv shows that people tell ya to watch, and the chance to really put Netflix & instant Netflix to the test.

• Not complaining about how incredibly unbearably hot it is, not running that energy eating air-conditioner.

• When ya have a big get-together/dinner at some ones house, if something needs to be chilled or in the fridge and there is no room, just stick it outside on the patio!

• Just having to cuddle up a little bit closer to your loved one to warm up.

• Ice-skating if you are so inclined.

• Winter Clearance sales!!. Hmmm.. not sure if this has anything to do with the snow- but since I’m making this list... lets just go with it.

• RJ Grunts temperature soup. Yes... if it’s 5 degrees out... ya pay 5 cents. If its 15 degrees out, ya pay 15 cents. If its 10 below... hmmm... I think it might be free??? Maybe I should check tomorrow. Yum... Grunts butternut squash soup. DIVINE.

• Just being inside. Time to finally clean that space, read that book, make that phone-call. Listen and dance around your warm home to that lovely new song.

ok, I'm done.

3 comments:

georgia b. said...

i hear ya, sistah!
i've never wanted spring more! and i don't even like spring! but it HAS to be better than this.

at least your post cheered me up! :)

My Precious Peanut Designs said...

Very tired of the fluffy white stuff here too! Matt has been gone plowing snow every night for the last 6 nights and will be heading out tonight as well.

Spring where are you?

Chris said...

I am sooooo right there with ya it's not even funny. Especially not being to wear nice shoes right now. Oh yeah and all those wonderful snowy rush hours!

Post a Comment

Sing it loud-

Sing it loud-
Whatever you say, say it with passion...

If Ya write, It makes my heart happy

If Ya write, It makes my heart happy
WRITE RIGHT

fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. only one thing endures and that is character. –H. Greeley

What lies behind us. and what lies before us are small matters... compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

whatever you are, be a good one. –A Lincoln


*!*

*!*

*%*

*%*

*&*

*&*